Easy Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
Looking for an easy way to eat more pumpkin? We’re talking two ingredients- just two! And pumpkin really is good for you after all- it’s loaded with antioxidants and beta-carotene (this is an easy way to get it in.) Plus, the kids will simply be thrilled to have fresh baked muffins!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
* 18 ounces spice cake mix (carrot cake mix works, too)
* 15 ounces pumpkin (be sure not to pick up canned pumpkin pie mix)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then simply mix the cake mix and pumpkin with an electric mixer until well blended. (If using fresh pumpkin, cook for 15 minutes on high, peel off the skin, then puree.)
2. Optional: mix in nuts or raisins at a low speed
3. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins until each is 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool, then enjoy!
We did not plant pumpkins this year, but I really wish we had! Maybe we can use the squash that’s beginning to come in from our second planting and come up with a squash muffin?! Hmmm….