Nonstop rain makes for an interesting week with children indoors. Little one did a little swimming in the cold rain- the excitement of learning this new skill made the water too tempting to resist. Wet fields postponed the soccer tournament again and again. Slow days inevitably lead to one packed day… Sunday was a full day of exciting games, with a funeral to attend in the midst of it and a cookout to move because of it. Amazingly, no rain is in the forecast, and tonight is the championship game!
Workouts have not been happening due to, well, life as mom. The treadmill rests in the hot garage and dogs make neighborhood walks risky, so it may boil down to power-walking the perimeter of the yard early or late in the day, kids trailing along! Our date nights consist of simply sitting in the porch swing- hoping to move out to the fire pit or pool for a little variety. I finally finished reading Covenant Marriage- and at the end, it suggested reading a book like this with your spouse, one chapter a week, and discussing…. well, maybe next time. Suggestions, welcome!
Here is this week’s plan:
1. Up early for quiet time in the Word
2. At-home date night with husband
3. Work on 1 new piano song with each of my older children and 3 books with little one
4. Read aloud 3 chapters in The Secret Garden
5. Mealtime devotions with the children
6. Sew a curtain for a church classroom
7. Work on the 52 Week Challenge
8. Clean using the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge
9. 3 workouts/week and 6 glasses of water/day
10. Begin a summer novel